Customer Service

SCCMHA Local Provider Listing

Customer Service is provided by your community mental health service provider to assist you with questions and/or concerns about the services you receive or feel you should receive. We can also help you get answers to your questions or file a complaint. You can also let us know about services that have helped you.

If you are a person who is deaf or hard of hearing, you can utilize the Michigan Relay Center (MRC) to reach your community mental health services program,

  • Call Michigan Relay by dialing “7-1-1”
  • Call Michigan Relay directly at (800) 649-3777 for assistance
  • Call Sorenson Video Relay at your local Sorenson Video Relay number. If you do not currently have Sorenson Video Relay Service and would like to apply for free equipment and services, go to

Sign Language
If you need a sign language interpreter, contact our local Customer Service office as soon as possible so that one will be made available.

For more information on interpreter services in Michigan as well as a directory that lists all Qualified Interpreters holding the Michigan Certification please click on the following link:

Please note that Michigan Certification is required to work as an interpreter in the State of Michigan.

  Other Languages
If you speak a language other than English, please contact our Customer Service office, (provide information) who will assist you in obtaining a language interpreter at no cost to you for both phone and in person communication.


Accessibility and Accommodations

In accordance with federal and state laws, all Community Mental Health Service Providers buildings and programs are required to be physically accessible to all individuals with qualifying disabilities. Any individual who receives emotional, visual or mobility support from a service animal such as a dog will be given access, along with the service animal. If you need more information or if you have questions about accessibility or service/support animals, contact Customer Service.

If you need to request an accommodation on behalf of yourself or a family member or a friend, you can contact our local Customer Service office as listed on page 32. You will be told how to request an accommodation (this can be done over the phone, in person and/or in writing) and you will be told who at the agency is responsible for handling accommodation requests.

Local Choice Listings

Each Community Mental Health Service Providers has developed a unique provider system to meet the specific local needs of its community. You will be provided this list upon your initial assessment and offered it annually by the community mental health services or substance use disorder provider. You are also able to request the list at any time by contacting your local Customer Service office.

The local directory (link at top of page) has been created to help you make an informed decision in selecting a service provider. This local directory will include information about providers, their contact information, their location, their languages spoken, etc. Please note, however, that the availability of specific specialty service providers will vary depending on individual provider capacity and possibly the type of funding that is used for your services.

More Documents

Advance Directives for Mental Health Care

Advance Directives in Michigan

Appeals & Mediation

Appeal & Grievance Process

Community Mental Health Resource Manual

Medicaid Fair Hearing

Your Guide to Services